• lindsaybhaber

Immigration and Family Law Matters

If you are a non-permanent immigrant in Florida, you may be able to file for divorce. In order to do so, you must meet Florida’s residency requirements. This residency requirement includes, but is not limited to, residing in Florida for six (6) months prior to filing for divorce and having a bona fide intent to remain in the state of Florida indefinitely. Florida Courts will look at all facts when determining residency, i.e. if the person has applied for permanent residency in the United States or if they have taken the opposite approach and renewed their passport for their country of residence outside the United States.

For a more detailed discussion and consultation on whether you can file for divorce or any other family law matter in Florida as a non-permanent immigrant, please feel free to: contact Lindsay B. Haber, Esq.

Lindsay B. Haber, Esq. is a partner in the family law division of Kluger Kaplan. Ms. Haber has worked as a family law attorney for nearly nine years and has experience in high-profile, high-conflict family law matters, such as complex and high value property, business and financial distributions as well as acrimonious child-related matters including international kidnapping and parenting conflicts. For more information, feel free to contact Lindsay B. Haber, Esq.

20 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All